Consistently delivering efficient & effective Technical Plastics Training.
Productive Services provides the highest quality
Technical Plastics Manufacturing Training
to individuals and companies in South Africa.
Our aim is to address the technical skills gaps in the Plastics Manufacturing industry in South Africa - from the shop-floor through to management levels – by increasing efficacy and efficiency in the workplace, reducing scrap, increasing employee morale, and ultimately maximising your company’s productivity levels, saving you time and money.
We understand that time equals money, so our face-to-face courses are as short and as intense as possible, and the computer based programs on offer allow training to be accessible at any time that employees are available, on site, 24/7.
We offer Public Courses during the year, as well as customised training programmes to meet our clients needs.
Training technologies include:
Extrusion blow moulding
Injection stretch blow moulding
Injection blow moulding
Blown film extrusion
Have Questions? Need help choosing which training is right for you?
Get in touch with us, we will be happy to help!
SETTING INJECTION MOULDING - ADVANCED
(ADDRESSES NQF LEVELS 3,4,5)
5 DAY COURSE
20 - 24 February 2017
27 - 31 March 2017
This Training Workshop is intended for people who need to be able to set or advise on setting the Injection Moulders to achieve and maintain a consistent quality, output at the correct speed and cost.
As this is an advanced course, candidates must have the relevant workplace experience or training (to NQF Level 3) to ensure that all course content will be clearly understood & applied.
SEE WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY ABOUT OUR TRAINING COURSES
** 13 unit standards covered, from NQF 3,4,5 **
** Productive Services certification after completion of the training **
This course covers:
- Manufacturing Business model
- Customer / supplier relationships
- Pillars of quality & Quality Principles
- Problem solving model
- Problem solving notes
- Types of defects
- Plastics Setting Model
- Injection Moulding Principles
- Introduction to Injection Moulding
- Safety and Housekeeping
- Plastics as a raw material - concepts & characteristics
- Understanding Injection Moulds
- Mould design variations
- Installing an injection mould
- Understanding the injection unit and controls
- Understanding & manual operation of injection unit and settings
- Understanding & manual operation of the clamping unit and controls
- Auxiliary equipment and general services
- Setting the Injection Moulding machine
- Injection Moulding Simulation by each candidate
- Process and product control & optimisation
- VPT/Changeover point in product formation
- Injection Moulding machine adjustment effects
- Problem solving product faults
- Understanding the formation of defects
- Understanding the drive systems and process control
- Running the Injection Moulding machine
- Controlled Start-ups & Shutdowns
- Effective Purging Techniques
- Injection moulding records & Set-up sheets
- Equipment care and maintenance
- Fault identification and rectification
- Importance of trials
- Typical tasks of the setter
Still have a few unanswered questions, or points you are unsure of? Please contact us as we would love to chat with you and hear your feedback.